Hyundai has an all-new Sonata for 2020, and the automaker is spending big bucks on advertising the sedan during this year’s Super Bowl. But Hyundai isn’t selling the whole car to a football-hungry audience.
Instead, the ad shows off the Sonata’s Smart Park “Smaht Pahk” feature, leaning heavily on Boston’s iconic accent to make sure you don’t forget the new car features “Smaht Pahk.”
While the TV spot will pop up during your watch-party this Sunday, Hyundai has smahtly made it available ahead of time. It features heavy hitters Chris Evans, John Krasinski, and Rachel Dratch in a short story that’s worthy of a Seinfeld episode.
In the commercial, which will air during the first half of the game, Dratch, 53, runs into Evans, 38, on the sidewalk as Krasinski, 40, is pulling up in his brand-new blue Sonata.
Keep your eyes peeled for some other Boston favorites popping up in this Super Bowl ad, though folks outside of the New England sports scene may have to do some light Googling.
The commercial will run in the first quarter of the Super Bowl.
From Our Partners
- Quote of the Day: Elton John Bought a Ton of GOOP’s Vag Candles! [OMG BLOG]
- SNL’s Bowen Yang Describes “Crazy” Experience with Gay Conversion Therapy [Towleroad]
- Lewis Capaldi Mistaken for Seat Filler at Grammy’s [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Ariana Grande Couldn’t Decide Between Her Two Giant Grey Gowns at the Grammys, So She Wore Both [Go Fug Yourself]
- Thomas Markle Gave Another Toxic, Threatening, Asinine Interview to Piers Morgan [Celebitchy]
- Goran Ivanisevic and Conchita Martínez Selected for International Tennis Hall of Fame in 2020 [Kenneth in the 212]
- Tracy Young Becomes First Woman To Win A Grammy For Best Remixed Recording [Boy Culture]
On Sale in the SL Shop
We only share the stuff that we love. We may earn a small commission if you buy through our links.